The way to incorporate a company in the UK is changing. As of 01 October 2009 section 9 of the Companies Act will be implemented.
Under section 9 the following need to be filed:
- the memorandum which will give details of the subscribers and will be signed by them
- an application for registration, this will include the company name, registered office, if the company is limited by shares or guarantee, if the company is private or public
- a statement of capital and the inititial shareholdings (this is basically replaces authorised share capital from the existing Act)
- details of the proposed directors and secretary (if there is one)
- a copy of the articles of association
- a statement of compliance.
Unlike now a company will be able to form as either a private or public company.