Further to our previous article in respect of the end of the UK Intellectual Property Office’s interrupted day period, the Office has released further guidance for businesses moving forward.
A positive and much appreciated step, the UKIPO have announced some temporary fee reductions to enable businesses to get back to normal and remain protected.
The following temporary fee changes will be in place from 30 July 2020 to 31 March 2021 in relation to patents, trade marks and registered designs:
- fees for extensions of time will be zero
- there will be no surcharge for payment of a patent application fee after the date of filing
- fees to apply for reinstatement and restoration will be zero
- for patents and designs, there will be no surcharge for late payment of a renewal fee
- for trade marks, the surcharge for payment of a late renewal fee will be £1
For full information, please read the update on the UKIPO website: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/temporary-fee-changes
If we can assist you in respect of protecting your intellectual property, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Lawdit team today.