The Small Track Court System

When a civil claim is filed at the County Court, it may be allocated to the small claims track, which is essentially a set process that the claim will follow through the court system. The Small Claims Section at the County Court deals with all such claims.

One of the deciding factors will be the value of the claim. If the award sought is less than £5,000, or if it is a landlord and tenant dispute that relates to a claim for no more than £1,000 then this is the track that the claim will allocated to. Accordingly, the Claimant cannot seek for more than the maximum amount that the small claims track will allow.

It is however important to note that the system is only to be used as a last resort after all other methods of resolution have failed to provide a solution to a dispute between parties.

If you are interested in seeking a claim, or fighting one, then get in touch with a member of our Commercial and Litigation team who will be happy to advise.

If you’d like to know more about this article please send an email to Unknown quoting the article title and any questions you might have, alternatively call the office number on 02380 235 979 or send an enquiry through our contact form.

share this Article

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Recent Articles

How are NFT’s regulated in the UK?

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has not yet provided guidance on NFT’s specifically with regards to regulation in the United Kingdom (UK). However, the FCA