- Before launching website content i.e. software or business methods you should search to ensure that it is not already patented, otherwise you risk infringing third party patents. This can take a long time and so should be started at an early stage in the process.
- Before launching any potentially patentable website content you should be looking into the possibilities of protecting it with a patent. Not only will this protect your work from being copied it will also increase the market valuation of the company as a whole. The patent process though can be a long, laborious and expensive process, as such legal advice should be sought before any applications are made.
- Consider the costs of a patent in the research and development process, as an invention without patent protection can in many senses be considered worthless.
- You should be maximising the value of your patents by considering licensing them to others.
- Vigorously monitor competitors sites to ensure they are not infringing your rights.
- As with all intellectual property if you find an infringement do not delay in making them aware of your rights and be prepared to take further action if necessary.
Beauty and Skin-care brand, Clinique, has joined the long list of modern companies to be releasing NFTs of their products. Clinique, founded in New York