By CPR 27.2 the following do not apply to claims allocated to the small claims track:
- Part 25 which covers interim remedies except as it relates to interim injunctions.
- Part 31 which covers disclosure and inspection.
- Part 32 and 33 which relates to evidence and other rules on evidence. The court retains its power as to controlling evidence.
- Part 35 (experts and assessors) except rules 35.1 (duty to restrict expert evidence), 35.3 (experts – overriding duty to the court), 35.7 (court’s power to direct that evidence is to be given by single joint expert) and 35.8 (instructions to a single joint expert).
- Part 18 (further information) however the court may order a part to provide information that it considers appropriate to do so.
- Part 36.
- Part 39 (hearings) except rule 39.2 (general rule – hearing to be in public).