Legal Disputes

You can start a civil legal action in the county court, or in the High Court, depending on the circumstances of the case.

If the case is less than £5,000.00 (Sterling) the county court will decide to use the small claims procedure and will allocate the case to the Small Claims Track. The Small Claims Track is an arbitration process rather than a full court hearing. If the claim is for £15,000.00 or less it must be started in the county court. Anything less than £5,000.00 and you do not receive your solicitors costs. The High court is to be used for more complicated and expensive actions. Usually over £50,000.00.

If you’d like to know more about this article please send an email to Unknown quoting the article title and any questions you might have, alternatively call the office number on 02380 235 979 or send an enquiry through our contact form.

share this Article

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Recent Articles

Nike v StockX, NFTs and Counterfeit products

American footwear and apparel company Nike has launched trademark infringement actions against the Detroit-based trainers and streetwear resale platform StockX, after allegedly using Nike’s Intellectual