This note lists the documents needed in order to register a company under the Companies Act 2006.
In order to form a company under the Companies Act 1985 four documents must be sent to the Registrar of Companies: memorandum of association, articles of association, Form 10 and Form 12.
However this is changing and under the Companies Act 2006 the following needs to be filed:
- the memorandum with details of the subscribers
- application for registration, this document details: name of company, registered office, private or public etc.
- details of the capital and initial shareholdings
- details of directors and shareholders
- the address of the registered office
- a copy of the articles of association
- a statement of compliance
When the changes take place one person will be able to form either a private company however a public company will need to have two directors.