When a claim is filed over a commercial dispute such as a debt it will be allocated to a certain track.
The two tracks are Multi-Track and Fast Track
Multi-Track is the most common track in commercial litigation as it is suitable for all claims above £15,000.00. However the cost involved is not the deciding factor and much will depend on various factors such as:
- the complexity of the case;
- the number of parties;
- the value of the counterclaim if there is one;
- the amount of oral evidence to be produced; and
- the nature of the remedy to be sought.
- The Fast Track will deal with simple and low value claims.