The parties have finally signed the agreements and everything has been finalised, but there still remains some matters which need completing. A completion agenda will be put into place which will include, but is not limited to:
- Buildings and contents insurance (risk passes to the buyer at completion).
- VAT registration
- National Insurance
- Transfer of any utility accounts
- For Share Purchases Â detailed board minutes dealing with the share transfer and any formal requirements.
- Preparation of an announcement to the suppliers, customers, employees and the public.
- Director resignations and appointments.
- Transfer of IP rights and real estate.
- Preparation of completion accounts.
- Carry out all the necessary filing and complete any practical issues relating to the transfer.
If you’re interested in buying or selling a business and would like to find out more, please contact Izaz Ali on firstname.lastname@example.org.